Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Alegria Alegria, Buen Dia Buen Dia

First of all....

No I haven´t kept up the meditation,who woulda thunk it

On a plus note I have a ´follower´, well on my way to Guruhood, thanks Sean.

These things balance themselves out, like a monkey in a tree, and the tree´s growing but,the monkey,the monkey, he´s dyin,of arthritis......

Onwards...

Details. I dislike them. They have an annoying habit of interfering with the more frivolous side of a story,and of life in general for that matter. Best establish them early and work around them.....

SO....

I left Taiwan for a holiday in philipinnes, got refused my visa to china, bought a ticket to colombia and have spent the last few months makin my way down to Bolovia,via ecuador and peru.Im in Sucre,with my brother for the last 3 weeks or so.....

Next.....

Tone

Need a little context,a window into my mindset.So..... I´ve spent the last week tryin to improve my Spanish with an Italian version of ¨The sun also rises¨¨,so turns out my Italian is shit but my Spanish may be better than I thought

Of note;

Ive been robbed twice,Taiwan left me ill prepared for the real world

Westerner feet arent designed for the intricacies of South American Dancing,I call them stupid feet, Bolivians nod condoloncencingly, I still love dancing.......

Warm cola reminds me of childhood Birthday parties in the sun

I read a little bit of The Da Vinci Code,so i could stock up on ´´sentences i will never write´´

All my favourite conversations have invoked the word reality at least dozens of times, Ive had loads of these, BE WARNED

Nobody can spell COLOMBIA correctly and very few ECUADOR, oh sure now you you knew,but did you really? My guess is no.......



Overall: Finally got my rythm in south america, I consider the whole journey a resounding success. I know, be careful, success breeds arrogance, Thankfully I´ve been breeding prize winning arrogance for years, I´m an expert, and a devilishy good looking one at that.......


Gotta go, literally, I´m on a fruit juice diet that makes life.....more unpredictable

Suerte

James

P.s If you want to know what South America is actually like, go buy a book, or read one o those couply blogs which will undoubtedly lay it out in excruciating detail.

E.g Bought a coke today. Tim doesnt drink coke right now. He has diarrhea. His poo is yellow and green. Took a blue bus at 5.54 pm, it was 14 minutes late,but we didnt REALLY mind.....etc etc etc

4 comments:

Yvonne McDermott Rees said...

Sure you can spell "Ecuador" and "Colombia", but you cannot spell "diarrhoea". We're all looking forward to seeing you back in Galway at yuletide. Salud, paz y amor!

Sean said...

not to worry; my friends nor my gurus need be able to spell "diarrhoea" the "UK/Canadian English way." "diarrhea" is what I repeatedly teach my students how to spell the word, usually after a lunch, as I scream, limbs flailling me to the bathroom, cursing the Taiwanese greasy spoon.

Nice to read you Brother James, All clear on the Eastern Front

Sean said...

I do though; take mild offence to your spelling of "Philippines." As you undoubtedly schooled me on the finer points of South American spelling, I need to reply with a little correction on the post Spanish colonial nations of Asia. It’s two p’s good buddy.

“In our progress, may life simplify”

Jade said...

Funny stuff, comments included! South Am has been good for you, that`s obvious. Even the robberies have sides to consider. The walls that surround us need not trap us.

Keep it coming, please. And that is a demand. Love you!!!